Wednesday, March 21, 2012

learning Journal #26: IRB

Yesterday the IRB application was due.  I'm really glad that part of the process is done!  I took an english class last semester (Engl 216) in which we wrote proposals and at the end of the semester, filled out an IRB application.  I'm really glad I took that class because it helped so much especially in writing the background and significance section.  I know I would've had a harder time filling it out, if I hadn't taken that class.  I think the hard part of the IRB application, was filling out everything and making sure each part matches and was consistent throughout the application.  There are so many different parts to the application that it is easy to say one thing in one part, and forget to mention it in another.  Last Friday we had an IRB mock session, where I received great feedback from my group!  It's amazing how many different projects will be carried out this spring and summer by other field study students.  Well now the IRB part is done, we're moving on writing up our proposal for the Kennedy Center and also starting to nail things down for our projects.  I'm really excited to go to Tonga! 

No comments:

Post a Comment